Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Feelin' Femme Manicure

Ok so sorry Day 1 is a little late! I still have to get in the swing of things since having a blog is a new thing for me! Anywho! Let's get this started :)

Day 1 Simple Manicure
Doing your own nails is an easy, inexpensive and fairly quick way to feel more feminine and polished(literally!) Let me show you guys how I did my nails!


Super simple! Just basic red nails but with a glitter accent finger! I think the accent finger trend is awesome and I think it's definitely here to stay! I do this pretty much all the time because I love how doing just one nail differently looks so glam! Ok so here are the products I used! :)


From left to right; Sally Hansen Diamond Shine base & top coat, Orly in Haute Red, and OPI in Spark de Triomphe.

I love both the Orly and OPI polishes but I'm not a big fan of the Sally Hansen base & top coat but it's the only one I have. It is very glossy and looks good but never lasts long enough and admittedly my nails are very weak and probably need something more "heavy duty" I guess you could say. Typically I don't like to spend more than 5 bucks on a nail polish unless I absolutely NEED it (if you know what I mean by need ;). But I am never nothing but satisfied with Orly especially in this color. It's the perfect red and you only need one coat! It's very opaque and saturated with color! And I mean check out that glitter, it looks like it's made of chunks of pure white gold. Gorgeous! 

So that's how I did my nails to feel more lady-like. I'm not saying you need to do them this way. Do them in any color you'd like, my challenge to you and myself is to maintain them. Paint them regularly, keep them nicely groomed if you don't to paint them. Here are some more pictures of my manicure. Stay tuned for more posts! xoxo





 


No comments:

Post a Comment